Neck Pain Specialist in NYC
Vitality Health New York is NYC’s choice for a compassionate, experienced, and insightful healthcare team. Our team has direct clinical know-how diagnosing and managing a variety of health conditions using all natural services that promote full-bodied health. Our chiropractor Dr. Neel Kumar will provide you with a diagnosis and explanation of your condition and prescribe a treatment plan to help you with a quick recovery.
Causes of Neck Pain
So many different factors can lead to neck pain, including posture, ergonomics, repetitive movement, age, lifestyle, and acute trauma (such as auto accident or sports injury). Common cervical neck pain diagnoses we can treat include:
- Strains: Muscle strains are caused by overexertion from stretching or overloading. Common cervical strains are seen in the sternocleidomastoid (SCM), trapezius, rhomboids, erector spinae, scalenes, and the levetator scauplae muscles. This group of muscles are part of the upper back and are closely associated with the neck.
- Sprains: Muscle sprains are caused by injury to the ligamentous and capsular structures. Neck sprains indicate damage to the facet joints and cervical vertebrae. Strains and sprains are often difficult to differentiate and occur simultaneously, most often due to sports injuries.
- Degenerative disc disease: Also known as osteoarthritis results in thinning of the spinal intervertebral discs accompanied by bone growth such as spurs or osteophytes. This can cause pain and stiffness in the neck and can progressively worsen.
- Facet joint lock: A misalignment of small joints in the neck, which can reduce range of motion, cause reflexive muscle guarding/spasms resulting in pain and stiffness.
- Cervical radiculopathy: This is compression of a cervical nerve root (can cause numbness, tingling, and weakness in an arm or hand). The nerves from the neck travel in different distribution down into the shoulders, arms and hands. It is important to correctly diagnose the cause of nerve root compression or irritation to be able to formulate the appropriate treatment plan.
- Tech neck: neck pain caused by poor posture and forward head while using phones and computers
Even factors such as poor foot and ankle position (e.g., flat feet) can exacerbate neck pain, since dysfunction and postural abnormalities all the way "downstream" can affect the position and amount of strain on your head and neck. A weak core can also contribute, since the neck will have a less stable base from which to function and support the weight of your head. Disease does not exist in a vacuum—for optimal healing, we need to assess the whole person!
Neck Pain Treatment
Why ignore neck pain or mask it with medications? We advise you to meet with our NYC chiropractor Dr. Neel Kumar located in Manhattan next to Grand Central Station so you can find neck pain relief. We can resolve the causes and symptoms of your neck pain in several ways:
- Chiropractic adjustments realign your spine and restore normal pressure on discs and nerves
- Corrective exercises heal tissues, restore neck range of motion, and improve core strength and endurance
- Physical therapy can help you improve flexibility and stability in the spine through rehabilitative exercise
- Complimentary services like spinal decompression, acupuncture, and massage therapy reduce pain and spasms, increase circulation, and promote healing.
Contact our Midtown Manhattan Chiropractors in NYC for Neck Pain Relief
The sooner you seek treatment for neck pain symptoms, the less likely you'll be faced with chronic issues. Request an appointment with our chiropractor Dr. Neel Kumar in Midtown Manhattan. Call us today at (212) 245-5688) to discuss treatment options. Vitality Health New York offers comprehensive pain management and rehabilitative services for patients in Manhattan, Midtown East, Midtown West, Hell’s Kitchen, and surrounding areas of Manhattan, NY.
Conveniently located next to Grand Central Station at 6 E 45th Street #305, New York, NY, !0017. Between Madison Ave and 5th Avenue.