Headache Treatment at Vitality Health New York
Headaches can take a variety of forms and occur for a number of reasons, but they all have one thing in common: they can make everyday life miserable or even impossible. If you don't have time to put your life on hold because chronic headache issues and you're less than satisfied with what medication can do for you, you need to visit Vitality Health New York. Our chiropractor in Manhattan NYC can prescribe a personalized pain relief plan without drugs or surgery.
Headache Symptoms and Their Origins
If you're among the 45 million Americans suffering from chronic headaches or the 28 million struggling with migraines, you may be wondering why you're plagued with such a debilitating issue. Different kinds of headaches produce different symptoms and may stem from different underlying triggers. Examples include:
- Tension headaches - These common headaches occur when a muscle spasms in the neck tug on pain-sensitive membranes, which then refer dull, aching pain signals throughout the head.
- Migraine headaches - These brutal headaches, which may go on for days at a time, are accompanied by nausea, light/sound sensitivity, lightheadedness, and other dreadful symptoms. Biochemical abnormalities in the brain seem to trigger blood pressure changes in the head to create these symptoms. Triggers may be as diverse and unpredictable as weather changes, flashing lights, and particular food ingredients. Some people experience a combination of tension and migraine headaches.
- Cluster headaches - These intense headaches occur in "clusters," repeatedly causing pain in or near the eye. Cervical spinal imbalances can make people more vulnerable to cluster headaches.
Natural Pain Relief from Your Chiropractor in Manhattan NYC
Your chiropractor in Manhattan NYC (Dr. Kumar of Dr. Wiley) can deliver greater headache pain relief than you can get from medications. Our services and techniques focus on treating the underlying circumstances that make you prone to headaches. We can create a holistic pain relief program just for you, featuring options such as:
- Chiropractic care - Chiropractic care can relieve cervical alignment problems that promote both cluster headaches and the neck muscle strain that leads to tension headaches. Chiropractic treatment is also known to reduce migraine frequency/intensity.
- Massage therapy - Massage therapy can ease tight neck muscles and reduce your stress levels, freeing you from common headache pain triggers.
- Acupuncture - Acupuncture is a natural form of pain relief that boosts your levels of endorphins, your body's own "feel-good" chemicals.
- Physical therapy - If neck weakness or poor posture makes you prone to headaches, our physical therapy techniques can help you overcome these obstacles.
Take Control over Your Headaches
Ready to enjoy genuine headache pain relief? Call our Manattan clinic at 212-245-5688!