Sciatica Treatment from Our Chiropractor in Manhattan
If you're contending with leg pain and other troublesome symptoms that make standing, walking, and even sitting intolerable. Ideally, you want a sciatica treatment plan that can ease your symptoms by fixing their underlying causes without having to undergo spine-altering surgery. Here at Vitality Health New York, our chiropractor Dr. Neel Kumar in Manhattan has your answers.
Sciatic Nerve Impingement and Its Consequences
Sciatica refers to pain and dysfunction of the sciatic nerve. This enormous nerve is a central conduit for all the nerve signals passing between the leg and the spinal cord. Since it routes all the signals to the smaller nerves of the buttock, leg, and foot, anything that compresses the sciatic nerve, or more commonly the nerve roots that connect it to the base of the spinal cord, can disrupt communications to any of these components. Sciatica may be caused or aggravated by:
- Degenerative disc disease (such as bulging discs)
- Spinal stenosis or bone spurs in the lumbar spine
- A herniated disc pinching one of the sciatic nerve roots
- Poor posture that promotes spinal nerve compression
- A specific kind of vertebral misalignment called spondylolisthesis
- Pregnancy, which causes both weight gain and spinal alignment changes
- Soft tissue swelling that presses against nerve tissue
Sciatica symptoms can vary greatly, attacking you in bouts that may last for weeks at a time. Leg pain is the most common symptom, and sitting down to rest your leg may actually make this symptom worse. Your leg or foot may also experience numbness or tingling. Impaired motor signaling may cause weakness or muscle of control, potentially impairing your balance.
Natural Sciatica Treatment Options
Your chiropractor at Vitality Health Medical, Dr. Kumar provides non-surgical sciatica treatment solutions. We can prescribe a combination of:
- Chiropractic adjustment - Chiropractic adjustment can correct alignment errors that make you more prone to sciatica.
- Spinal intersegmental traction - helps to mobilize spine and provides gentle relief
- Massage therapy - Massage therapy can reduce inflammation in soft tissues that compress nerves.
- Acupuncture - Acupuncture provides drug-free pain relief and improved nerve function.
- Physical therapy - Physical therapy can increase your back strength and support for straighter, healthier posture.
Your Source for Natural Pain Relief in NYC
Sciatica is one of those nagging chronic syndromes you can definitely do without. Call our Manhattan office to schedule the care you need. We're your source for natural pain relief in NYC!