Treating Back Pain With Our New York City Chiropractors in Manhattan
Do you suffer from acute or chronic pain in your back? You are not alone. Here at Vitality Health Medical, we have successfully treated people just like you. We have served the greater New York area for 15 years and pride ourselves on providing outstanding service. We can identify and understand a variety of potential causes of your back pain. Even better, we provide treatment that is non-invasive, holistic, and effective.
Common Causes of Back Pain
There are a wide variety of conditions that can cause back pain, including everyday wear and tear, natural aging, sub-optimal posture or poor ergonomics, overuse, and injury. In fact, the pain in your back could be caused by a problem in another area of the body and simply be presenting as back pain. This is known as a referred pain. Among the most common causes of back pain are:
- Herniated discs
- Joint dysfunction – either the Sacroiliac or Facet
- Spinal stenosis – a narrowing of the spinal canal that compresses the nerve roots which run through it
- Curvature of the spine – Scoliosis, Lordosis (swayback), or Kyphosis (hunchback)
- Osteoarthritis – an arthritic condition that happens with the flexible tissues at the end of a bone wears down
- Osteoporosis – an incurable degenerative condition that causes the bones to become brittle, thin, and weak
- Trauma such as those suffered in a vehicular accident, slip, and fall, or other accident
Chiropractic Treatment for Back Pain
Chiropractic treatments are designed to help the body heal itself by realigning the spine to reduce pressure on the Central Nervous System (CNS). The complementary treatment plan we use to help each patient heal will use an assortment of techniques such as:
- Low force spinal adjustment and manipulation
- Spinal Decompression
- Mobilization – this manual therapeutic technique that uses massage and stretching to break up scar tissue and restrictions
- Physical Therapy – including exercise, neuromuscular training, myofascial release training, and more
- Therapeutic Massage Therapy
Dr. Neel Kumar and the team at Vitality Health Medical has provided outstanding chiropractic service to the NYC area for more than a decade. Together we will strive to help you achieve your potential, return to your normal activities, and live pain-free.
Schedule an Appointment with our Manhattan Chiropractors
Want to know more about back pain relief? Give our friendly professional staff a call at one of our Vitality Health Medical locations: E 58th Street (212)245-5688 & W 48th Street (212)302-2975 or stop by and see us. Call our Midtown East or Midtown West chiropractors or schedule an appointment online now.